Moving to Vancouver BC
Are you thinking about moving to Vancouver? I want to go over some pros and cons ?
First lets talk about the Positives
- Nature: Vancouver is surrounded by Water, Mountains, forest and beaches. Who says you can’t head up to Whistler to skii in the morning and come back in the afternoon to the beach to play volleyball.
- We have a growing tech centre and we are also home to Hollywood North. We already have google, and now Amazon is opening up in vancouver, creating more jobs. vancouver also has a strong film industry. We are home to shows like The Flash, Arrow, Once Upon a time, and much more.
- We have one of the best universities in Canada, UBC, and for those who want more hands on learning we have BCIT
- Best climate in Canada. Especially if you don’t like to freeze, Vancouver barely ever reaches below zero degrees, we also get very little snow. in the summer we don’t get too hot either it’s around 25–35 degrees.
- We are very multicultural here in vancouver with very little racism. Also to note With this multiculturalism, we also have many fabulous restaurants.
Now lets talk about the Negatives
- We have lots of rain. We can have months of it. Maybe thats why our city is so clean. Some people even nick name vancouver as raincouver.
- Rental Vacancy is super low .05% and rents are very high. Renting a 2 bedroom condo starts at about $3000 per month in downtown vancouver.
- Local jobs don’t compare to other parts of Canada or in the US
- Traffic is horrendous - if you live outside in the neighbouring areas outside of vancouver, like Surrey and Langley. Good luck driving home along number 1 highway. Expect gridlock traffic from as early as 4:00pm.
- Real estate is expensive - In Vancouver we are the most expensive city in Canada. 2nd is Toronto. The average benchmark price of a detached home in greater vancouver is 1.5 million, a Condo $700,000 and a townhouse is about $850,000
So there you have it the 5 Positive and 5 Negatives you should know before deciding to move to vancouver. If you have any questions please reach out to me. If you are interested to moving to Vancouver, please watch my buyers videos here or reach out to me.
Question of the day, would you consider moving to Vancouver? Please leave it in the comments below. I will try my best to personally answer all comments myself.