Presale Condo Pre-inspection Walk Thru
Did you buy a presale condo recently? Do you know what to expect at a presale inspection walk thru?
Buying a presale in Vancouver is very popular. Most of these presale projects get sold out within days. But when its time to view your brand new unit many buyers are surprised by the amount of deficiencies that can be found. Today’s I will show you 8 things to look for in a presale walk thru.
- Uneven Paint and over paint
- Non Sufficient Caulking in washrooms and windows
- Settling and Cracks in Drywall
- Nail pops in the drywall.
- Scratches or imperfections on the flooring
- Fixtures not secured
- Cracks or Chips found on the countertops.
- Check the floorpan - Make sure the unit is constructed as per the specifications of the floorpan you have purchased. The developer has some leeway in regards to the size of the unit, it will mention this in your contract sometimes up to 5% SMALLER. I have seen buyers expecting to view a 3 bedroom home that was purchased but the developer only constructed a 2 bedroom for them. Or in another situation a 2 bedroom and den, became a 2 bedroom with an extra closet. If you encounter this you should report this to the developer immediately. I also recommend having your lawyer drafting them up a letter asking for some sort of compensation.
So after you have viewed the unit make sure to have the deficiencies noted by the developer. If you did not have them put the deficiencies in writing they will forget about them. Also to note, the developer will still force you to complete the purchase of your unit regardless of the deficiencies you have found are complete or not.
If you have any questions about this topic please feel free to reach out to me.
Question of the day, would you buy a presale condo? Please leave it in the comments below. I will try my best to personally answer all comments myself.